Sunday, March 1, 2009

In case of DOMINO

I am a wild girl.  I claim that.  I own it.

I like to drive about 90 miles an hour, the windows down, racing the James Bond music I’m blaring over the roar of the freeway.  I wink at people as I blow past them. 

I like to wear bright red lipstick, knee high boots, and dark eye makeup.  Like James Dean in Rebel Without A Cause, I have a red leather jacket.  I’d get a tattoo if I could afford it.

When I argue, I can yell.  Really yell.

I love big, cheesy action movies.  LOVE THEM.  I love watching Keanu Reeves try to deliver a serious line – Point Break, Speed, whenever.  I love to see shit blow up.  I even love totally unmotivated sex and violence.  Why not?  What’s not to like?  I’m not noble!

I like to run for the sake of running.  Not running like, I’m gonna go put on my running shoes and exercise.  Not like that.  Running like, I’m gonna run like Lola, in my jeans and sneakers, run until I can’t breathe anymore.  Run like there's something at stake.  I like to climb trees, too.  The higher the better.

And if there’s a dangerous river?  Give me a raft, a little instruction, and I’m in it.  And if there’s a small cavern, full of mud?  Give me a headlamp; I’m gonna crawl through.  And if there’s an expedition to the end of the world?  Sign me up.

And I speak my mind.  I tell the truth.  I’m not polite.  If I have a question, I’ll ask it.  If I see the answer to the problem, I’ll tell the person in charge.  And if he tells me that it’s not the answer?  I’ll tell him he’s wrong.

Show me a locked door to kick down, show me a window to smash open, show me a fight that needs fighting.

I am a wild girl.

Men tell me they’ve never met anyone like me. 

But I think the world is full of wild girls.  I think the world is full of girls like me that didn’t want – NEVER wanted – to quietly play dolls.  And I think that nobody should ask you to, just because you’re female.

I also think nobody should MAKE men like big, cheesy action movies.

I don’t think that the world full of wild girls or weak boys.  I think the world is full of people.  I think that if you want to drive slow, you should drive slow.  If you want to play with dolls, PLEASE, play on.

But if you’re a wild girl?  Be a wild girl.  And don’t apologize.

Holla back!

No comments: