Sunday, October 5, 2008

If there's room on the train...

...I'll hop aboard.  No problem.
So this is my foray into the world of corporate blogging.  I don't have high hopes that I'll be more consistent on here than I was on Pitas, but I know that at least the change will keep me excited for a while.  I really do like to blog.  Really.
The title of this new little corner of the internet comes, originally, from a legendary advertisment by a man named Earnest Shackleton, who was looking for recruits to join his Antarctic expedition.
Supposedly, the ad read:
Men wanted for hazardous journey.  Small wages.  Bitter cold.
Long months of complete darkness.  Constant danger.  Safe return doubtful.
Honor and recognition in case of success.

But that's all just a story.
Anyway, I chose the title not to draw parallels between my life and an Antarctic adventure (although I DO see more than my fair share of penguins), but because I don't think I would even begin to know what to do if my dreams here in California should pan out.
So, really, the full title of this blog isn't "honor and recognition in case of success."  
It's more like "IN CASE OF SUCCESS, BREAK GLASS."  




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And so we flee the Pitas ship. I will be joining you shortly. Shall I link you here?

Tricia Jean said...

Please do!

trey said...

I am so glad to have the wenches all in one place again. Sort of.